10er Gabel an K. Was brauch ich?

Hart, härter, ZXR! ...aber gehts auch anders? Hier gibts Antworten. ;-)
Antworten
Flemming
Rollerfahrer
ZXR-Modellreihe: K (91/92)

10er Gabel an K. Was brauch ich?

Beitrag von Flemming »

Hi.

I have a complete ZX10R-fork, 2009, and want it on my K.

What do I need for the swap?

I tried to fit the "legs" on the ZXR-centers but it didn't fit.

I read it would be an easy fit but I guess it's more work than I expected.
I'll use the brakes, clip on and everything else, even the wheel.

Klaus69
Flachi-Brandstifter
ZXR-Modellreihe: L (93-95)

Re: 10er Gabel an K. Was brauch ich?

Beitrag von Klaus69 »

I think you should read this.
Also you should know that J/K/L/M use all the same bearing at the front.They all are called ZX7 outside of europe.

Everything else is used from the 10. In addition you should know that there is an issue with the locking bolt because at the 7 the Ignition key is at the center.
At the 10 it` s on the left. This means that the wheel points to the straight when locked...

Don`t know if there is something like the german TÜV in your country but if there is something like this you should talk with the engineers before you start your project :-)
Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides verlieren.
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Gralssucher
Fjeedi-Ritter
ZXR-Modellreihe: ZXR 800

Beitrag von Gralssucher »

Zündschloss und Lenkanschläge bleiben erhalten,
wenn du die ZXR Brücken nimmst.
Unten 1mm aufspindeln,oben 1mm Blechstreifen einlegen.
Tachoantrieb ist tricky,aber moeglich.
Für die Bremssättel brauchst du dann Spacer.
Sonst alles halb so wild.
Bild
Bild
Bild
Viel Erfolg!
Zuletzt geändert von Gralssucher am 24 Jan 2015 9:39, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
MZ BK 380 / Kawa ZXR 802 / Triumph Thruxton 1200 R / RT125-3 (in Teilen aufm Dachboden...)
2023: 20jähriges Forenjubiläum...

Kratzi
RRRRapante
ZXR-Modellreihe: ZX-7R

AW: 10er Gabel an K. Was brauch ich?

Beitrag von Kratzi »

EDIT...

Also oben die ZXR400 Brücke, die hat 50mm.
Mitas

Flemming
Rollerfahrer

Beitrag von Flemming »

My technical German is not at it's best so I would be happy to try this in English.

Lenkanschläge: _____________

ZXR400 Brücke(triple-clamp right?) oben, und

ZXR750 Brücke unten?

Bremsatteln passt nicht mit ZX10R-Original felgen und Radaxel?

Die Firma hatte es nicht Geschäft mit das Tauch.

Kann man in 280+km/h fahren ohne schimmern mit der 10ergabel oder ist es risky?

Danke.

Von gestern:
Bild

900-Motor. Carbon airbox(tank als loch). 41mm flaschis. Gilles Fußrasten. 137HP auf Rad.

Mein 950er-Kit war der keiner zeit für :(
Ich hoffe 2015........

Klaus69
Flachi-Brandstifter

Beitrag von Klaus69 »

Hmmh,

lower ZXR tripple tree and upper ZXR400 tripple tree sounds in my ears more like ZX6 ( P ) than ZX10...
This would work with the callipers from the zx6 and the front wheel from the zxr with some spacers. If i remember right you need some spacers for the brakes. Because the zx6 has only 300mm diameter.

Regarding to the ZX10 fork i would have to check my notes. Most people here speak english very well. May be it`s easyer if you ask kin english language...
Wer die Freiheit aufgibt, um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, wird am Ende beides verlieren.
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Flemming
Rollerfahrer

Beitrag von Flemming »

I will, thanks.

I have a complete ZX10R 2009 fork with clipon, brake calipers and the rest.

I want it on my K. I thought it was somewhat of an easy fix since I've seen many that already did it and got it to work.

The forks are much better, brakes are better, wheel is lighter. The list goes on.

--------------

Is there a very good ZXR-mechanic somewhere in Germany that can help me with my bike?
I noticed today the airbox is blocked by the cooler. The cooler has to be lowered to make the air go in to the box.
My mechanic said it wasn't necessary.......
Also, the airbox is not properly sealed against the tank so it looses it's entire purpose. :(

Klaus69
Flachi-Brandstifter

Beitrag von Klaus69 »

Hi Flemming, i did a Little Research in this Forum and found a discription:
Part 1: The easy way 8)

Ok, changed it already. Used the ZX7 bearing on the ZX10 bottom yoke (diameter is the same ) So, the T piece fits good. Also changed the wheel bearings to fit the ZX10 front axe and the ZX7 wheel (The bearings are a bit bigger yes. I've shortend the axe that goes into the wheel, so I have no problems on one side. The other side can't go in further. I don't think the bearings will go anywhere while riding. There are spacers between the forkst and bearings that will tighten the things up.)

All I need to make now are the spacers to align the wheel and some spacers to make the 320mm disc's fit the calipers.

Update : ive put a zx6 wheel in there as you know, but thrown on some z1000 2004 standard discs, 300mm, they look cool, same colour as the calipers, fit nice too!!

Part 2 ( zum Teil auch in ´nem anderen Threat )

Forks of a zx10 are the same length, they are also a differant diamiter but this didnt matter to me as I put the whole front end on my zx7r from the zx10r, yokes switch gear the lot, but you have to modify the bottom yoke as the lock stops are differant, i used my yoke stem from my zx7 and used my zx7 head bearings, and put the zx7 ignition into the zx10 yokes. For a front wheel i used a zx6r 2002 to keep the three spoke wheel theme as they are 300mm discs as on the zx10r, so are the zx6r's 1998-2002, which keeps the caliper centers correct when you shave 1mm of either side of the wheel then put the discs back on, 136mm center to center of the zx10r calipers and the zx6 discs while they are on the wheel center to center where 138mm, i had racing wheel spacers made that fit into the bearing centers as the wheel bearings are 25mm spindle diamiter and the zx10 spindle is 20 mm which means you remove the wheel with the spacers inside the wheel bearings. You could cheep out and do it differant but i feel that this way was the safest, best way with out taking all my parts and modifying them, i could then get back some money by selling my front end complete, which my engineer sold for £400 or so he says, ill get some pics done (as im going to the engineers tomorow) of it on the bike.

i spoke to ray stringer before i got into this and he said they will be okay no need for modification for the road, and a close freind works for maxton said, because they are the same length i can use the broad range of adjustment on them, if i need to he can sort them in his diner hour, in other words not a big job, the other answer is, yes i sat on the bike and my belly pan hit the floor (i need a new one , can you get me one)? So i cut a scaffolding tube into 10" lengths then cut them in half got a mate to pull up on the bars while i cable tied the two halves back together, i might weld them back together what do you say weld or cable ties? Will that be okay under heavy breaking?? I find if i wheelie everywere its alot smoother, but when i put the front end down for traffic lights and pedestrian crossings, it hurts, my arms they are like jeremy beedles and ive only been out for an hour should i go and see the doctor (rossi) he might be able to get it sorted, let me know you veiws im always interested,

Update to any interested future peepers, i put the front end in no bother at all, i have a steering lock that is, well locked straight!! Its because the zx10r ignition is on a angle and the zx7r is on line (check some pics) And the zx6r wheel fits right in there read what i said about machining 1mm of either side no need, We just put racing spacers in there (20mm spindle zx10r, 25mm id bearings zx6r wheel) and they line up spot on with the calipers, also the yoke to fork stantion off set is closer to the frame and less of a "y" (if you did a dot to dot) so the steering will be differant when i ride it! on the zx10r there is a quick action throttle i just took that and put it in my zx7 housing wow flick of the wrist instead of a flick of the wrist, elbow, shoulder how did i cope before!! easy peesy!! next is the zx10r lcd display roll on!!

ok, first you mill a boss from the bottom yoke of the zx10r, for the dust seal and bearings, the stem from the zx7 fits into the zx10 bottom yoke with no extra or less length, and then use your zx7 bearings, then the zx7 ignition fits in place were the zx10 does with a little filing from underneith the front were the steering lock goes and it locks in the straight position, my front wheel is from a 1999 G2, but any from 1998 to 2002 will do the job, they are all the same, the zx7 runs 320mm discs the zx6 runs 300mm discs, i just bought a zx6 wheel complete for the dimentions and off set but it might work with just the zx6 discs, the off set of the disc is 13.4mm and 4.7mm thick, the zx7's offset is 13.1 and 5mm thick. Just make spacers to run inside of the bearings as the spindle is 20mm and bearings are 25mm (zx10 bearings are 14mm wide belive me it wont work, and you cant get sealed 47x12x20 bearings, i tried you can get them but they are unsealed crank bearings,)Part 1: The easy way 8)

Ok, changed it already. Used the ZX7 bearing on the ZX10 bottom yoke (diameter is the same ) So, the T piece fits good. Also changed the wheel bearings to fit the ZX10 front axe and the ZX7 wheel (The bearings are a bit bigger yes. I've shortend the axe that goes into the wheel, so I have no problems on one side. The other side can't go in further. I don't think the bearings will go anywhere while riding. There are spacers between the forkst and bearings that will tighten the things up.)

All I need to make now are the spacers to align the wheel and some spacers to make the 320mm disc's fit the calipers.

Update : ive put a zx6 wheel in there as you know, but thrown on some z1000 2004 standard discs, 300mm, they look cool, same colour as the calipers, fit nice too!!

Part 2 ( zum Teil auch in ´nem anderen Threat )

Forks of a zx10 are the same length, they are also a differant diamiter but this didnt matter to me as I put the whole front end on my zx7r from the zx10r, yokes switch gear the lot, but you have to modify the bottom yoke as the lock stops are differant, i used my yoke stem from my zx7 and used my zx7 head bearings, and put the zx7 ignition into the zx10 yokes. For a front wheel i used a zx6r 2002 to keep the three spoke wheel theme as they are 300mm discs as on the zx10r, so are the zx6r's 1998-2002, which keeps the caliper centers correct when you shave 1mm of either side of the wheel then put the discs back on, 136mm center to center of the zx10r calipers and the zx6 discs while they are on the wheel center to center where 138mm, i had racing wheel spacers made that fit into the bearing centers as the wheel bearings are 25mm spindle diamiter and the zx10 spindle is 20 mm which means you remove the wheel with the spacers inside the wheel bearings. You could cheep out and do it differant but i feel that this way was the safest, best way with out taking all my parts and modifying them, i could then get back some money by selling my front end complete, which my engineer sold for £400 or so he says, ill get some pics done (as im going to the engineers tomorow) of it on the bike.

i spoke to ray stringer before i got into this and he said they will be okay no need for modification for the road, and a close freind works for maxton said, because they are the same length i can use the broad range of adjustment on them, if i need to he can sort them in his diner hour, in other words not a big job, the other answer is, yes i sat on the bike and my belly pan hit the floor (i need a new one , can you get me one)? So i cut a scaffolding tube into 10" lengths then cut them in half got a mate to pull up on the bars while i cable tied the two halves back together, i might weld them back together what do you say weld or cable ties? Will that be okay under heavy breaking?? I find if i wheelie everywere its alot smoother, but when i put the front end down for traffic lights and pedestrian crossings, it hurts, my arms they are like jeremy beedles and ive only been out for an hour should i go and see the doctor (rossi) he might be able to get it sorted, let me know you veiws im always interested,

Update to any interested future peepers, i put the front end in no bother at all, i have a steering lock that is, well locked straight!! Its because the zx10r ignition is on a angle and the zx7r is on line (check some pics) And the zx6r wheel fits right in there read what i said about machining 1mm of either side no need, We just put racing spacers in there (20mm spindle zx10r, 25mm id bearings zx6r wheel) and they line up spot on with the calipers, also the yoke to fork stantion off set is closer to the frame and less of a "y" (if you did a dot to dot) so the steering will be differant when i ride it! on the zx10r there is a quick action throttle i just took that and put it in my zx7 housing wow flick of the wrist instead of a flick of the wrist, elbow, shoulder how did i cope before!! easy peesy!! next is the zx10r lcd display roll on!!

ok, first you mill a boss from the bottom yoke of the zx10r, for the dust seal and bearings, the stem from the zx7 fits into the zx10 bottom yoke with no extra or less length, and then use your zx7 bearings, then the zx7 ignition fits in place were the zx10 does with a little filing from underneith the front were the steering lock goes and it locks in the straight position, my front wheel is from a 1999 G2, but any from 1998 to 2002 will do the job, they are all the same, the zx7 runs 320mm discs the zx6 runs 300mm discs, i just bought a zx6 wheel complete for the dimentions and off set but it might work with just the zx6 discs, the off set of the disc is 13.4mm and 4.7mm thick, the zx7's offset is 13.1 and 5mm thick. Just make spacers to run inside of the bearings as the spindle is 20mm and bearings are 25mm (zx10 bearings are 14mm wide belive me it wont work, and you cant get sealed 47x12x20 bearings, i tried you can get them but they are unsealed crank bearings,)
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Flemming
Rollerfahrer

Beitrag von Flemming »

Okay.

I decided to put the front end to my ZXR anyway. I'll never get it sold so why not go for the extra mile since I already wasted around 8.000€ on it. I think I'm going to turn this into a beast. Let's waste some more......

I want ZX10R upper yoke. It needs machining as I understood it bc of the parking lock. Check.

Lower yoke: which one should I use and do I need to grind material away where it meets the frame? Unclear.

I will be using ZX10R-brakes, axle, bearing, wheel - complete ZX10R-front. What about speedometer fitment down on the wheel? Does it also need grinding/machining? Unclear.

So: lower yoke: which one to use?

Speedometer: how to fit?

Any thing else I need to think about?

I've read the report on it. Thanks a lot but I'm still not sure about these things.

Vielen Dank!!

Klaus69
Flachi-Brandstifter

Beitrag von Klaus69 »

Have to check the technical Details for this year.

When you use the complete ZX10 front you will loose the speedo drive. Easiest way to handle this is to move to an bicycle / electronic dash which works with a magnetic impuls...

Could be something like this :-)
Bild or this
Bild :lol:
Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Antworten